Monday, February 1, 2010

Got Fruit?


Cliche, I know- but it's my first real post, so give me a break!

Ok, so this one's relatively new. During one of my jaunts to the grocery store within the past week or two, I came across a product called "Fruit 2day". It is a fruit drink with fruit bits in it. 100% fruit, equivalent to 2 servings. I don't know about you, but I'm a maniac when it comes to fruit juice. If it's not 100% juice (no sugar or any other variant), I don't want it.

I was pretty skeptical at first (I mean, who puts chunks of fruit in your drink?), but I was feeling adventurous and got 2 flavors- Cherry Grape and Mango Peach. I eagerly got home and cracked one of the Cherry Grapes open. It was amazing. One of the best fruit drinks I've ever had in my life. The fruit bits make the drink. It's not too thick and it doesn't have the texture of puree, which is good because with the bits of fruit in it, I don't want my drink having the texture of vomit. The flavor is slightly tangy, but sweet enough that you won't pucker your lips after you take a sip, haha.

After trying both flavors I recommend the Mango Peach over the Cherry Grape. The former has bits of peach and the latter has bits of pear in it. I prefer peaches. I tried the Pineapple Banana today. I was also skeptical (I'm not that much into tropical flavors), but I wound up loving it. I think it's really hard to go wrong with this product. I personally find it to be great for a snack or breakfast.

Is there a downside? Yes. Two, actually. The first- they only come 2 in a pack (as far as I've seen). The second-they are a little on the pricey side. I think it was over $2.50, if not $3.00 for a pack. However, I definitely thought it was worth it.

First Impression: Fab!

Ok, so that was my first review. Hope you enjoyed it! :)


Photo source: http://www.fruit2day.com/flavors.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment