Saturday, May 1, 2010

Harrisburg Senators

A couple of weeks ago, I experienced the new Metro Park for the Harrisburg Senators.

My first impression? I like it.

I thought it was pretty cool. It seemed oddly large for how small City Island actually is, but once I walked around I thought that the stadium was actually kind of small. There wasn't an outrageous amount of stadium seating, however, the boardwalk that goes around the stadium has enough tables and benches and stools for people to sit at, and it allows a lot of people to stand and/or sit wherever. I thought it was pretty cool that you didn't need an actual seating ticket to get in. You could get a general admission ticket that allows you to just walk around instead of being seated in the stadium, which allows someone like myself (not a true baseball fan, but really likes the atmosphere), to enjoy the experience without being forced to watch the game.

The food also did not disappoint. I got a pork BBQ sandwich in a stand next to the Spot's stand. It was delicious. Next time I'm sure I'll be trying the Spot since I never got a chance to try it when it was actual restaurant (shocking, I know).

The only thing that I will say about it is this. I was kind of disappointed that there was only one, maybe two stands that sold the Thursday $2 Coors. You really had to scout them out to find them. Otherwise, you had to buy the $4 Bud's at the regular stands. This kind of stunk because you had to stand in a lengthy line and walk halfway around the stadium in order to get it.

Other than that, I definitely give the new stadium a thumbs up and will be going back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment