Saturday, April 3, 2010

Not-so-scrubbing Bubbles


So, I've decided to take a couple of minutes today and write a couple of entries-one about something I dislike and one about something that I like. Well, here it goes!
Product: Scrubbing Bubbles' Toilet Cleaning Gel
My Experience: Well, a few weeks ago, my mom had bought this to try since she was trying to do away with the traditional Clorox tablets we usually use. I finally got around to using it about 2 weeks ago. After two weeks, here is my take: it sucks.
For starters- it doesn't clean! The Clorox tablet that we traditionally use was great at keeping the bowl clean. Every now and then you had to go through and quick clean it, but over all it was really great at doing its job. However, Scrubbing Bubbles fails me on this end. After two weeks, my toilet bowl looks horrible and it just does not keep things clean.
Also, I was kind of surprised at how you use the product and the size of it. Usually tablets are a pretty big round disk. This is a subtle, small, clear round gel that you stamp on the side of the bowl. The applicator has stopping niches to indicate when you stop applying the gel. Perhaps because it is so small is the reason why it doesn't work.
The only thing that I will say about this product is that it is a great deodorizer. Every time you flush it gives you a nice fresh scent. Also you can't really notice it in the bowl visually. Other than those, I think they are the only pros to this product.
I would not recommend it and will most definitely be breaking out the Clorox tablets again.
My first impression: Horrible

No comments:

Post a Comment